Sunday, July 1, 2012

The highs for temps here have been over 100 for the past few days during this first week of official training toward our marathon.  
Three runs and a bike!  While it feels like I'm starting over again, I know I'm not.  I know I used to be able to run 100 yards before collapsing into breathing fits because my conditioning sucked and  my muscles weren't strong enough.  Now, I collapse after a mile because of cramps but then I'm able to keep running after the cramps subside.  Yay me!  I used to have to walk up that steep hill on Homestead but now I gear down and pedal all the way through it - even in the middle of a minor asthma attack.  Yay me!

I am encouraged that even though it seems like a raggedy ass start to training - my base level is way higher than it used to be. I am encouraged that even though I was NOT well fueled this week for training, I remember what it takes to get through training.  I am encouraged that I'm looking forward to Tuesday, which is when our next run is.  And, I'm encouraged by the fact that I wish our next run was tomorrow!

Happy training homies...


1 comment:

  1. Everybody has to start somewhere. If you've got the right support staff (and you do) then you'll be fine. Measure the small targets you hit in progression, and take it all in stride.

    ReplyDelete