Sunday, January 18, 2009

week of January 12

Monday - 40 minute bike on the trainer
Tuesday - nada
Wednesday - 1 torture set
Thursday - 1 torture set and bike on the trainer for an hour
Friday - nada
Saturday - 1 torture set and one hour on the bike trainer
Sunday -nothing physical at least - I'm working on training and food.
Reflections - My mental state got better and better as the week progressed. Training is becoming more of a habit again which is really good for my mental state. I'm still having a hard time with food. I'm working on making fruit smoothees part of my regular diet. I need more veggies. I like protein. It's like I have all the pieces but I haven't figured out how to bring them all together just yet. I'm tired of having extra weight to haul around. I don't need it. I'm a little frustrated because despite the fact that I have all but quit drinking, I haven't seen a significant impact on my weight. I suppose I'm taking in the calories from other sources but I haven't figured them out yet.
Goals for next week
1. Run at least twice 2. On the days that I do torture sets - do 2 torture sets instead of just one 3. Eat better - planning meals helps 4. Leave work at work

5 comments:

  1. so far so good - although I don't understand why I can't put the countdown timer in the right sidebar - it doesn't fit when I try it - so for now it's at the bottom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey donna -- glad to see you on blogspot now! welcome to the cult.

    You might want to try a weight watchers cookbook for some safer meal ideas to bring your nutrition "together". we've been using one for years, and it makes a lot of sense. my wife even lost over 80 lbs on ww, but i'm sure you don't have that far to go. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like tracking my calories at The Daily Plate (TDP for us serial dieters. *sigh* I guess I certainly qualify as one of those). It helps me see where my calories are coming from over time and it is free!

    I am eating like a woman condemned to the electric chair, but at least I know "why" I am packing it on. ;o)

    BTW, I found your new blog thanks to Calyx...

    ReplyDelete