Saturday, January 31, 2009

not quite my week ending entry - just some whining

I think this week was the longest week of the school year so far. I had so much to do. My days started at 7 and didn't end until at the earliest 7 each day - and a couple of days were later.

In addition, the language arts teacher on our team is out. She's also the team leader. And, yesterday, we found out that our social studies teacher's father died. So, he's going to be out for the next week.

There were so many stressors at work this week. And, I was so tired that I did nothing to take care of myself.

Today, Saturday, I'm doing some strength training and tomorrow I will run and then next week I'll get back to what should be normal.

How do you do it? Balance the stressors of the job, being exhausted mentally and training?

1 comment:

  1. To be honest, I make a plan for the week and when it is time I just do it and try not to think too much about it or I will talk my self out of training.

    Sometimes I make deals with myself just to get myself out there. Like, "You only have to run 2 miles and if it sucks at 2 miles you can quit" "if you train today you get pie" (not super healthy, but I figure it is better than not training and probably having pie anyway. Once I have my workout clothes on and get started it usually gets better, or at least I am more likely to get it done.

    I have also been known to fall asleep at my desk for 15 minutes during lunch (during our luxurious 30 minute lunch. We lucky teachers!) and it actually makes me feel a little better.

    I hope your next week is better!

    ReplyDelete