Saturday, February 14, 2009

just some ramblings

The weeks from hell.

One of my partners lost his job so our monthly income went down - way down - like so far down that we are choosing to pay our utilities but not paying our mortgage. SCARY and stressful. I'm still employed - so that's good - but it's not enough. There are lots of things on the horizon for him so I am confident that it will turn around but it's still stressful right now.

And, I got sick last weekend. It sucks to be sick. It sucks to be sick and have to teach. It sucks to be sick and have to teach and have two of your core teachers (we have a team of 5 core teachers) be out for extended periods of time. If you teach, you understand the upheaval it brings to students and colleagues. It sucks to be sick, have two of your core teachers out and have a f-ing field trip to attend. I'm glad this week is over.

And, lately, I just feel like whining. There are so many stressful things out there and I'm letting them get the better of me. Works sucks. Money sucks. Some people suck (not my family or my friends of course). I'm over it though. I don't want to be negative all the time. So, suck it up buttercup - I say to myself. There are good things out there. Focus on those for awhile.

On the good side, I love my partners. I love our family. I LOVE moving through the world. I love making a connection with a student and being a conduit of confidence building. I love building things and creating things.

So, focus on those - right? Right.

Now, I need to create an upper body workout, a lower body workout and a core workout - stuff I can do at home.

Thanks for listening. Later gators.

4 comments:

  1. hang in there, i know J will get something lined up soon. I've been sick for the last few days too. it sucks indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad for whining on your blog, that's what they're for. Better to whine here than to whine to 'real' people. Get it up, get it out, and move on.

    Very cool that you're a teacher, didn't know that. I have a great respect for what you do. My father was/is a teacher so I know the struggles. Good for you.

    You'll find your peace. It's right around the bend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better soon and I hope that J's next round of interviews goes as well as the first and he gets an offer.

    Teaching is a much tougher job when you are sick, or understaffed, or there is any sort of change like the dreaded, f-ing field trip. It is not like you can hide in your cubicle and just do your work. You have to be "on" the whole day.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan on focusing on the positive!! Best thing you can do!!

    I'm so sorry one of your partners lost his job! The economic climate SUCKS right now!! I feel very fortunate to be working!! Even the entertainment industry has been hit hard!!! I know so many people who haven't worked in months!!

    Keep your head high!!

    ReplyDelete