Saturday, April 10, 2010

yes, i'm still alive

I have avoided this here blog and doing anything like blogging. [You're like 'duh, we can tell, you haven't posted anything since like January.']



But let's try it again.



I started this blog to talk about my journey to being in the best shape of my life. Until now, I have thought that the only things I should talk about are things that have to do with triathloning or other physical things I do. But, I've had a revelation: I can talk about things other than just physical exercise and training. You're like 'yeah chic, you can talk about whatever you want - it's your damn blog.' So, I'm gonna. Talk about all the other things that are part of my journey to being in the best shape of my life.

I might talk about architecture because I've gotten interested in it recently. I might talk about teaching because that's my job. I might talk about games because I love to play them. I might talk about my fabulous partners because, well, they're fabulous. I might talk about the kids because they are wonderful. I might talk about our dogs because they are Whacked, with a capital W! I might even talk about price of cheese or other random crap that's flowing through my head - why? Because it's my blog and I can rant if I want to.

Someday, I'm going to write a book and one of the chapters is going to be called the Seventh Grade Stink. It happens every year right around the beginning of spring when we have a few warm days. All of a sudden, the classrooms, the halls, the bathrooms, no doubt the locker rooms (but I'm never there) smell like 7th graders. I don't know if you know much about 7th graders but they are usually 12 years old popping off at 13 almost daily. And, hormones hit most during 7th grade. Why am I writing about it this now you might ask? Because this past week was the week - the week when it got hot enough for the students to sweat and pervasive enough for the new hormoneinduced-7th-grade-stink to permeate EVERYTHING.

More on 7th graders later.

I gotta go do something.

1 comment:

  1. Its your damn blog!

    Post anything you want and we'll support you.

    ReplyDelete