Sunday, February 22, 2009

week of february 16

Sick again. Yep - two weeks now. I limped through the beginning of this past week. Then went home early Thursday and went in Friday to get ready for the substitute and then came home. And, guess what? I'm not going to work again tomorrow. More importantly - wanna know how much I've worked out this week?

Bike (on the trainer) --> 1:38
Strength --> 16 minutes

Know what starts tomorrow? The first 18 weeks of our 36 week training plan to get ready for the half-ironman in November. And, I'm sick. It's a great way to start training, no?

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Doc says it's just a virus - 'cause I don't have any of the other symptoms that go along with the more serious stuff. So, what do I do to make it go away? Rest, drink lots of fluids, etc., etc. So, I've been doing that. Guess what? I woke up this morning with thick green stuff coming out of my nose (delightful, eh?) and coming up when I hack. Oooh fun! You wanna be me, dontcha?

It's hard for me to be still. I like to move. I like to do things. But, right now - no can do - because the minute I try to do anything (like ride on the trainer or lift weights or clean or anything that involves me doing something), I feel like C-R-A-P again. Yay rah!

It isn't easy being me right now.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Donna I've had a really off two weeks also training wise. You are not alone. So sorry you are sick again girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hang in there. I too have the funk, and it's been hanging around for about 2 weeks now. sucks.

    ReplyDelete